New Web Hosting Company Switching to a major lacework hosting interest can be a rigid task, but we have provided you a guide of things to carry off that can go into your transition inimitably smoother.
p>2. Once you have researched the company and verified that the new web hosting company will support your website, go ahead and sign up for your new web hosting plan.
3. Set up your existing e-mail accounts on your new server. Make note of the new POP3 and SMTP that you will soon need to start using.
4. Upload your website files to your new server. Since your domain name currently points to your old hosting account, you will have to use your new IP address to do this.
5. Test to make sure that your site looks good and functions properly on your new server. Most web hosting companies can provide a link to preview your site before the domain name has been transferred over.
6. Once you are satisfied that your site looks and functions OK, you can go to your registrar and change the DNS settings to point the domain to the new web host’s nameservers. You should be provided this information after signing up for your account.
7. You will see your site on the new server 24-48 hours after you modify the DNS settings. Your e-mail will also start going to your new account at this time.
8. Verify that your new website is working OK. Make sure that all of the files were loaded properly and that all scripts are running fine. You have now successfully switched to a new cheap web hosting company!
Related articles from around the web:
Related searches: Web Hosting, Web Hosting Service, New York, San Francisco, Manhattan, Baltimore, Dread Pirate Roberts, Silk Road (marketplace), The Princess Bride (film), Website, Free Web Hosting Service,