1) Quality Content Interesting content will keep your readership returning. Update your blog regularly. Googlebot, which is Google’s web-crawling robot loves content. The more you update your blog, the more frequent the search engine spiders will return to it.
2) Take part in blog exchange communities, like BlogExplosion and BlogClicker. Ask other bloggers for their opinion on your blog and take their suggestions to heart.
3) Publish an RSS/Atom/XML feed. If you’re using Blogger, you can turn on RSS feed by clicking on settings in your dashboard and then clicking on site feed and make sure that your settings are set to yes.
4) Carefully choose your subject titles, taking into consideration what other internet users may be searching for. Use keywords in your title. I suggest subscribing to Word Tracker. Their report of the most popular searches is published each Tuesday and distributed to over 30,000 subscribers. Technorati.com , is a blog search engine that also lists the top search words. The more targeted your keywords are, the greater your return in search engines will be.
5) Involve yourself in commenting on other blogs. You can gain a loyal readership just by offering feedback to your fellow bloggers. The comment feature allows you to add a link back to your blog as well.
6) Be sure to include your blog address in forum signatures and in your email signature.
7) Submit your blog to directories. Submit your blog’s url to Technorati, Daypop, Blogdex and Popdex.
8) Write articles. Include a resource box in your article and submit it to article directories such as iSnare.com
9) If you’re using blogging software such as Blogger, there is an option to notify the central blog update services (such as weblogs.com) whenever you’ve made a new entry to your blog. Make sure that this option is turned on! In blogger, click on publish in your dashboard and make sure that your settings are set to yes under notify weblogs. Alternatively, you can go to ping-o-matic.com and send out a ping each time you update your blog. This lets everyone know that you’ve just updated your blog.
10) Link to other blogs. Use services like blogrolling, which is similar to linking. Blogrolling allows you to maintain an updated list of your favorite blogs. But, don’t build a long blog roll of sites that you have no intention of returning to. There is nothing more annoying then visiting a blog that has a humongous blogroll.
Be patient, traffic doesn’t happen overnight. The best way that I’ve found to increase traffic is by getting to know people. Spend what free time that you have, reading blogs, leaving feedback and building friendships. Try to leave comments on the blogs that you visit as often as you can. While you are waiting for the traffic to come, just enjoy blogging. You’ll be improving your writing in the process. Eventually you’ll build a network of not just readers, but friends and loyal supporters. Blogging is not just about marketing; it’s about creating lasting relationships.
Similar content: Blogging, Blog, Myspace Blog, Blog Search, Weblog, Blogger, Create Blog, Free Blog, Blog Stuff, Technorati, Google, Blog, Blogdex, Google Blog Search, Blogger, RSS, Glossary of blogging,
Do you need some great ideas for rock band guest posts? If you need those ideas right now, then keep on reading this blog post. You’ll find a great array of blog ideas that will help you bust through the worst case of writer’s block. Take a few of these ideas, do some research, and […]
Now that you have taken the time to obtain a free blogging account, and written updated posts, you are left with wondering why nothing is happening. After all the amount of time and energy spent on creating content, no one is visiting your site. It appears as though even those that are taking the time […]
Every day, blogs are created by people of all ages and From all walks of life, but when it comes to blogging, Teen writers are truly on the cutting edge of the Movement. Because today’s teenagers are the first Generation of people to have grown up using the Internet at every stage of their development, […]
Blogs seem to be everywhere now, even making it into the dictionary. So what is a blog and what can it do for your home based business? A blog is simply an online journal that, when used strategically, and boost your sales and allow to you network more effectively. Blogs can be a simple method […]