You’ve finally created a blog and you’ve made your first post. Now how do you get people to actually read what you’re blogging about?
Here are some tips on promoting your blog.
1) Quality Content – Interesting content will keep your readership returning. Update your blog regularly.
Googlebot, which is Google’s web-crawling robot loves content. The more you update your blog, the more frequent the Search Engine Spiders will return to it.
2) Take part in forums that are related to blogging. Ask other Bloggers for their opinion on your blog and take their suggestions to heart.
Ask other Bloggers for their opinion on your blog and take their suggestions to heart.
3) Publish an RSS/Atom/XML feed. If you’re using Blogger, you can turn on RSS feed by clicking on settings in your dashboard and then clicking on site feed and make sure that your settings are set to yes.
4) Carefully choose your subject titles, taking into consideration what other internet users may be searching for.
Use Keywords in your title. I suggest subscribing to Word Tracker. Their report of the most popular searches is published each Tuesday and distributed to over 30,000 subscribers.
Technorati.com , is a blog search engine that also lists the top search words. The more targeted your Keywords are, the greater your return in search engines will be.
5) Involve yourself in commenting on other blogs. You can gain a loyal readership just by offering feedback to your fellow Bloggers. The comment feature allows you to add a link back to your blog as well.
6) Be sure to include your blog address in forum signatures and in your email signature.
7) Submit your blog to directories.
Submit your blog’s url to Technorati, Daypop, Blogdex and Popdex.
8) Write articles. Include a resource box in your article and submit it to article directories such as
Related articles from around the web:
More Keywords: Blogs, Blogger, Blogging, Online Journal, Word Press, web Log, Myspace, Technorati, Google, Blog, Blogdex, web search engine, RSS, Google Blog search, Blogger,
Nina’s Blog Chart (Photo credit: cambodia4kidsorg)
Blog Machine (Photo credit: digitalrob70)
NetMarketZine is an officially authorized and remunerated associate for recommending high quality products found on this website. Links on this website may be associate links which means if you click on a link of a recommended product, I/we may receive monetary compensation. However, this does not affect any unbiased information presented on this website. The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. Additional affiliate programs and networks may include Avantlink, CJ, Clickbank, Walmart, BestBuy, AliExpress, and others.
Latest posts by Ernesto Sabatti (see all)