In the recent days, the popularity of internet has grown immensely. The number of homes with computers has increased and so have the number of users. With all this comes the increase in use of internet for business and trade applications. A wide range of online businesses have been set up in the recent years to sell all kinds of items. Apart from products, there are also a few websites which sell or resource information to the internet users. For setting up any kind of website, the main prerequisite is a web host.
A web hosting service is one which provides its clients some space on its web server which they can use of setting up and running a website of their choice which can be accessed through the World Wide Web. A large number of web hosting services have come up. Most of them also provide internet connectivity to their clients. Though some Internet Service Providers give free web hosting services to their clients, the storage place given by them might be sufficient just to run a personal home page. For obtaining additional features like data base support and application platform, a web hosting service providing complex features might be needed.
The various types of web hosting services found today are:
1) Free web hosting service: This service provides limited storage space and no other additional features like data base support.
2) Shared web hosting service: This type of service supports many websites on the same server, all of which may use the same resources.
3) Reseller web hosting service: In this type of service, clients could themselves become web hosts again and resell their storage space on the server to other clients.
4) Virtual dedicated service: Though all clients may use the same server, they may not realize this because their servers have been virtually separated.
5) Dedicated housing service: In this type of service, the client can rent or lease a web server and own complete control over it.
6) Colocation web hosting service: In this case, the client can buy the server and virtually own it. He can use it resources for any purpose.
The efficiency of a web hosting service can be analyzed by studying the uptime and downtime of its servers. Downtime indicates the %time in a year when the server will be down for maintenance. Uptime, on the contrary indicates the servers’ running time in a year.
You may also like these articles:
Related searches: Web Host, Web Server, Shared Web Hosting Service, Type Of Service, Web hosting service, Virtual private server, Internet, Internet hosting service, Shared web hosting service, Website, Bluehost, Business, Domain name, Email marketing,
VoIP has easily replaced the traditional landline. A lot of business owners prefer to use VoIP services and save huge amount of money that would otherwise be spent on efficient communication. Every business depends on internal and external communication to grow and VoIP makes it possible for the business to reach its potential with cheap […]
There is fierce competition in the industry which has led to a complexity in marketing. Traditional marketing was aimed at the local market and the target was the local audience. With the impressive growth of the internet and the surge in e-commerce, various businesses are going online and use digital marketing services for their business. […]
Selling online is a challenge as there are a number of things that a seller needs to be careful about. The most important among these is maintaining their online reputation. This is easier said than done because the business has unsatisfied customers and rivals to deal with. They keep a close watch on the business […]
SAP Ariba, is the modern business marketplace, where purchasers and sellers enjoy the freedom of finding one another and executing business on a distinct platform. It enables suppliers with the capability to undertake bids, catalogs, and invoices. In the same way, it enables buyers with the ability to look out for suppliers, obtain goods and […]