Social media marketing is one of the top ways to advertise your business and products these days. The power of social media can propel you to the top of the financial ladder or it can cause you to topple and die. There is a finesse to good social media marketing, that includes avoiding some of the dangers listed below.
1. Don’t overpay for services. If you want to have so many tweets go out a day, you don’t have to pay for a service that will do that for you. There are third party sites and software that will let you schedule things such as tweets and Facebook posts. Paying for this service would be a huge waste of money when you can be allocating your budget to better things. But since we’re talking about scheduling posts
2. Don’t spam. Spamming is the greatest way to not only lose followers but to also get your business accounts blocked or even deleted. As a business you don’t want to be annoying your client base. No one wants to see the same post every hour on the hour. Instead of enticing people to come check you out, you are instead alienating them and projecting a negative image.
3. Don’t ignore your followers. If you have fans or happy customers sending you messages and essentially advertising on your behalf, don’t ignore them. Instead, show your appreciation by occasionally responding or running giveaways in their honor. The worst thing you can do is make them feel like they don’t matter. On the other hand, if you are receiving hostile comments, ignore them. On that note
4. Don’t start fights or attack your competitors. In fact, don’t do anything negative in public. If you wouldn’t announce it in the newspaper or broadcast it on a commercial, don’t talk about it on your social media, either. Potential clients and followers enjoy a good corporate blowup for all the wrong reasons to make fun of them and use them as negative examples.
5. Don’t treat some followers better than others. You probably can’t reply to everyone, but don’t make it look like you’re only responding to a certain kind of person. Some of the worst social media meltdowns were when companies were accused of favoring their “good looking” and “rich” followers over anyone else. Value each one of your followers as if they were your best customer even if they’re sending you hate mail.
You may be wondering what should you do if you shouldn’t do any of the things above. It’s easy: engage, offer good information, and be professional and courteous. If you have an intern or assistant running your social media for you, check in once in a while to see what’s going on.
Social media marketing doesn’t have to be hard or daunting. Treat it like you would any other corner of marketing or advertising. Put on your best suit, smile real wide, and you will attract loyal followers who are thankful to follow a business like yours.
More topics: Social Media Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Social Media, Social Media, Facebook, Social media marketing, Social media, Marketing, Twitter, Business, LinkedIn, Advertising, Social networking service, Website,
It’s very easy to get involved in social media marketing. After all, using the sites is free, and most people are familiar with the sites because they use them personally. In fact, social media marketing is a great way to communicate with customers, because most people belong to at least one social media site. However, […]
Do you use social media to promote your brand? You should think about launching a social media marketing campaign to make your brand more accessible. If you need help with this new campaign, you should review the following article. Learn more about your audience and their relation to social media. Some target groups are not […]
No matter which way you look, there is someone taking advantage of social media marketing. It started with Myspace in the 90’s, and eventually it evolved into Facebook, the social network that would go on to define the world. There have been a few intermediate social networks, such as MyYearbook.com, though these never actually made […]
Facebook is by far the most popular social media site out there. A movie has even been made about the founder. That is why it is a perfect place for you to market your business and interact with your customers. However, it can be a challenge to interest people when your page first goes live. […]