SAP SD Overview:
SAP SD is the most important module in SAP landscape and deals in better management of sales and distribution of data in the organization. SD integRates and works closely with other modules of SAP such as Financial Accounting (FI), Controlling (CO), Production Planning (PP), Materials Management (MM), Process IntegRation and so forth. All these modules hookup together and improve the work processes in the organization. SAP SD manages customer relationship activities such as raising a quotation of sales order to billing of items or products or services. SD has many components that coordinates different work processes within the sales and distribution area. SAP SD can be learn by undergoing SAP SD Certification Training at TekSlate.
Components of SAP SD:
- Master Data: This involves tracking of every transaction within the data. SD master includes material master data, customer master data, record of pricing conditions, credit management and output records. Entire flow of the data process is recorded, right from sales order to cash received action.
- Basic Functions: ConfiguRation of SD results in productive process crossover all the basic functions of sales and distribution platform. Here basic functions can be output, pricing etc.
- Sales: This handles each and every activity of sales process of an organization right from product details to customer details.
- Shipping: This is related to shipping and delivery. Sales activities are closely associated with this component. There are various methods in shipping and each type of shipping is tracked for each delivery used. So the complete process of shipping and delivery is traced in this module.
- Transportation: This is coupled with shipping module. Finished goods or products can be delivered either manually or through courier. All the transportation methods used for delivering a product are traced and recorded in this module.
- Foreign Trade: This component helps a lot to companies involved in export and import business or foreign trading. This handles the foreign data transactions of the company and updates with the currencies involved in the process of billing transactions.
- Sales Support: This deals with the sales processes in the business. During the sales process, customers interact with sales team of the company. And all the communications are recorded by this module for making the sales transactions fair and satisfied.
Key Facts of SAP:
- SAP is available in 14 languages.
- 4th largest independent enterprise software suppliers in the world.
- There are 34% of SAP customers across the world whose revenue is under $200 million.
- Over 7500 customers in more than 90 countries use SAP.
- SAP is recognized as number one business standard application software and has a worldwide market share of 31%.
- SAP is not a one-product company, it is bundle of software solutions with different verticals.