There is no argument over the fact that the competition among the email service providers has been intense. A new 2016 version of one of the most popular email provider, Outlook, has certainly introduced quite a few major improvements and features that signify how seriously does it take the competition. If you have been a loyal user of Outlook for quite a bit of years now, you will be amused to know the features that Outlook has introduced in its latest 2016 version. We have mentioned the top 10 new features of Outlook 2016 in order to give you a better idea.
Top 10 New Features In Outlook 2016:
Following are the newest additions to the list of features that Outlook has introduced with its 2016 version.
- Considering how the default theme of Outlook 2013 failed to receive positive feedback due to the lack of colors, the Outlook 2016 introduces a more vibrant and colorful default theme.
- An all-new “Tell Me” features has been introduced in Outlook 2016 that is essentially a more interactive Help center. All you have to do is type in what you need help with and the list of results will solve the query for you.
- In order to optimize the reading experience for the tablet users, Outlook 2016 introduces support for tablet rotation that enables you to read your messages in portrait mode as well.
- The attachment option in Outlook 2016 enables you to “Browse Web Locations” which implies that you can now directly upload a file from your online storage service such as One Drive.
- The clutter features in Outlook 2016 has been greatly improved and enhanced. In order to train the clutter feature, you can now make use of the Move to clutter and Move to inbox commands.
- Outlook 2016 brags about an improved search functionality as well. You no longer have to wait for your emails to be cached or indexed before you can search your mailbox.
- Outlook 2016 further puts you in charge of deciding what portion of your mailbox would you like to be cached. You can choose from 3 days of emails, 1 week of emails, or 2 weeks etc. of emails.
- Last but not the least, Outlook has removed the support for Exchange 2007 in order to provide a better, smoother, and efficient experience to the users.
- It also has continued support for recalling an email. See tips on how to recall email in outlook.
It is to be kept in mind at all times that the above mentioned are only a fraction of what Outlook 2016 has to offer. Give it a go in order to get to know about the rest of it. Rest assured, you won’t be disappointed in making the decision of choosing the latest 2016 version of Outlook.
- Introducing guest access for Office 365 Groups(blogs.office.com)
- August 2016 updates for Office 365 include new inking features and Windows Information Protection(windowsitpro.com)
- What OWA’s Clutter Feature Means for Email Marketing – MoosendblogMoosendblog(moosendblog.staging.wpengine.com)
- Microsoft and Didi Chuxing announces new Outlook add-in for enterprise users in China(mspoweruser.com)